Monday, May 7, 2007

Three-Part Interview with "Son of Sam"

CBS 2 News is excited about Scott Weinberger's three-part interview with David Berkowitz, better known as the "Son of Sam." The interview comes on the 30th anniversary of Berkowitz's killing spree. The press release calls it "a surprising and revealing sit-down interview" and says that "new developments about the case" will be uncovered.

The interview airs at 11:00 beginning tonight and continuing on Tuesday and Wednesday. It's being touted as a "world exclusive," a phrase not used since Jim Rosenfield interviewed Golan Cipel last November.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, Weinberger does great work.. Should be worth watching

Anonymous said...

This shows what the morons running Channel 2 News will do for the almighty ratings point. Berkowitz terroized the city for months and does not deserve attention from the media. Let him rot in prison.

Anonymous said...

It's news worthy...end of story.

Anonymous said...

Does the media report the news or create it? In this case WCBS-TV has to dig up a story from 30 years ago to get ratings points. Most of the people watching TV news today were not born or were small children in 1977 and did not experience the terror of Berkowitz. When he was on trial he yelled out that one of his female victims was a whore.

Anonymous said...

So Far I give the Series an A+.
I'd rather watch this than Paris Hilton's woes..

jersey girl said...

Well done, Scott Weinberger! :)

andrew said...

4-part series, apparently

Anonymous said...

Another piece of uselesss crap by Scott Weinberger. It followed his trademark, dig up old stories and make believe there's a new slant. Funny, you don't see this kind of stuff during non-sweeps months; suddenly it's news again.

Det.Sgt. said...

Scott Weinberger "outstanding" piece. Love your work..detsgt