CBS 2 is once again proud of its showing in the latest sweeps period, which ended last night. The press release touts the fact that all of its newscasts finished in second place in both households and adults 25-54; the first time this has happened since at least 1988. It's the first time since 1991 that the 11:00 newscast has come in second. Overall, the station finished second sign-on to sign-off, a feat that's been pulled off in the major sweeps periods since November 2006.
A summary of CBS 2 News' highlights in the press release:
- 5:00 a.m.: The only station to see year-to-year growth in households (67%).
- 6:00 a.m.: Up 62% in households and 83% in the 25-54 demo.
- Noon: Added to its "The Price Is Right" lead-in in both households and the demo.
- 5:00 p.m.: The only station to see year-to-year growth (52% in households).
- 6:00 p.m.: The only station to see year-to-year growth.
- 11:00 p.m. Beat WNBC in all key demos for the first time in 15 years.
- 6:00 a.m. Saturdays: 167% year-to-year growth in the demo.
- 9:00 a.m. Saturdays: 50% year-to-year growth in the demo.
- 8:00 a.m. Sundays: 22% year-to-year growth in the demo.
As usual, WABC has released the households numbers, which can be viewed here.