Saturday, May 31, 2008

Glaros Does Weekend Morning Weather

Megan Glaros debuted on CBS 2 News at 5:00 on Wednesday, May 21st as an entertainment and features reporter but did not forecast the weather last weekend. Today was her meteorological debut.

At 6:15, anchors Steve Bartelstein and Mary Calvi both welcomed Glaros. "It's so good to have you here," said Calvi. Bartelstein, always the gift-giver, got his new colleague a coffee mug with an alligator on its floor, telling her, "I know you're from Miami... and there aren't as many gators around here." Glaros said of the present, "So I can scare myself when I get down to the bottom of my drink." Bartelstein explained that his mom always tells him to give gifts on first days because it is supposed to be good luck. "All I have for you guys is storms this afternoon," the meteorologist quipped.

When it was time for her next full weather hit at 6:42, Glaros found something to give to Bartelstein and Calvi. "I don't think Lonnie's going to mind," she said as she handed over the gifts. "Woowww, markers," said Bartelstein of the yellow highlighters.

No comments: